Available For All Eligible Extended Coverage Offerings.
The time to purchase/register extended coverage is 548 days* or before expiration of base engine warranty, whichever occurs first from Date-In-Service (DIS). Extended coverage pricing is based on current pricing at time of registration regardless of when the coverage was ordered.
Guidelines for registering extended coverages are as follows and applies per certificate, per engine:
- NO changes in Extended Coverage
- NO cancellations of Extended Coverage
- Coverage registered before 366 days from DIS, no administrative fee.
- Coverage registered after 365 days, and before 549 days, $400 administrative fee.
- NO Coverage will be allowed to be registered after 548 days from DIS or upon Base Warranty Expiration.
- Upgrade details (Scroll to the bottom of the page)
- All administrative fees associated with the extended coverage programs are subject to change without notice.
- Extended coverage pricing is based on current pricing at time of registration regardless of when the coverage was ordered.
- Pricing is based on current pricing at time of registration, regardless of when the coverage was ordered.
- Automotive Guidelines are 18 months / 200,000 miles (321,869 km), whichever occurs first.
- Industrial Guidelines are 18 months / 2,000 hours, whichever occurs first.
- Check Circuit, QuickServe Online or the Warranty Administration Manual for applicable Base Warranty information for specific applications.
- All extended coverage prices and fees are USD.
- Extended coverage plans begin at the expiration of the Base Engine Warranty period applicable to the engine. Coverage ends at the time, mile (kilometers) or hours specified on the accompanying certificate, whichever occurs first, AS MEASURED FROM THE CUMMINS BASE ENGINE WARRANTY START DATE.
Additional information can be found by viewing the Late Fees Reference Guide.
An upgrade is to move from one existing Extended Coverage program to another that covers additional components OR increase in duration of the current program.
- Extended Coverage on the engine must be current. Expired or voided coverages will NOT be eligible.
- No Extended Coverage claims on the engine.
- The new coverage must be a greater dollar value then what was purchased. There will be no refunds of coverage or money.
- Extended Coverage can only be upgraded within 18 months, 200,000 miles/2,000 hours or upon expiration of base engine warranty, whichever occurs first from DIS. Anything outside of 18 months is not eligible.
- Engines sold by Cummins with no warranty are not eligible for Extended Coverage Upgrades.
- Encore, Encore Xtra, Encore Xtra Add-on, ReCon and NOW coverages are not eligible for upgrades.
For questions on purchase registration guidelines please contact: Local Cummins Distributor